Solutions Med Spa
Offering personalized skincare evaluation and treatments for acne, scarring, discolorations, fine lines, wrinkles, and loosening skin preformed by healthcare providers certified by the American Academy of Aesthetic medicine with the most current and advanced technologies available currently.
click for more info
Medical Microdermabrasion uses very small diamond chips to remove the stratum corneum (top) layer of the skin; the dead skin cells. Over time and with age you develop thicker keratinized skin, making you look old and worn-down.
Medical Microdermabrasion removes microscopic layers and stimulates collagen networking to even-out skin texture and appearance, and reduce the appearance of large pores and reduce sun spots.
What conditions will Medical Microdermabrasion help?
• Blackheads & Whiteheads
• Fine Wrinkles
• Sun Damaged Skin
• Acne Prone Skin
• Superficial Age Spots
• Oily Skin
• Post Laser Blending
• Superficial Age Spots
• Dull, oily or leathery skin texture
• Contracting enlarged pores
• Exfoliating and suctioning clogged pores in acne cases
• Polishing and reducing fine lines
• Mild acne scarring
• Mild pigment irregularities
• Enhancing penetration of therapeutic agents
What are the results from my Medical Microdermabrasion procedure?
Patients will notice immediate improvement in the texture and appearance of their skin after the first treatment. Medical Microdermabrasion treatments result in rejuvenation of aged skin and improvement in the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, hyper pigmentation, scars, and stretch marks. After a treatment, you can expect your skin to have a pink glow that usually last from 30 minutes to 6 hours.
Micro-needling (also known as collagen induction therapy or CIT) is a new innovation in aesthetic medicine that can help treat the appearance of fine lines, acne scars and the skin’s overall appearance. During this procedure, the Eclipse MicroPen® is used to create controlled micro-injuries to the skin in order to produce collagen and elastin. Automated micro-needling also creates superficial micro-channels which can be used with topical gels, creams and serums to help improve the appearance of the skin. Eclipse MicroPen® is the most advanced medical-grade automated micro-needling device on the market.
What are the Benefits of Micro-needling?
- The benefits of micro-needling can include a reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, younger-looking skin with fewer signs of aging. Eclipse MicroPen® can also have a positive effect on the appearance of hyper-pigmentation and hypo-pigmentation, acne scars, traumatic scars and stretch marks and create a fresher appearance or glow to the skin.
What does it Feel Like?
- The feeling associated with the Eclipse MicroPen® is similar to light sandpaper being moved across the skin. While some areas are more sensitive than others, the speed of the reciprocating MicroPen® tip reduces discomfort while the applied hydrating gel also makes the treatment more tolerable.
How long does the procedure take?
- The procedure takes 15-30 minutes depending on the size of the area treated.
What is the downtime?
- Immediately after the treatment you will notice a bright redness to the skin.
- The total healing time depends on the Eclipse MicroPen® setting used and the number of overlapping passes your skincare professional performs. On average, patients are red up to 2 to 4 days. Some patients heal completely in as little as 24 hours.
When will I see the results?
- Patients notice an immediate “glow” to their skin. Visible changes to the skin develop over the course of several days and weeks. Results continue to improve up to 6 months after the treatment as collagen production continues.
How many treatments will I need?
- Some patients only require a single treatment, once per year to achieve optimal results. However, it is recommended for most patients to receive a series of 2-3 treatments spaced about 6-8 weeks apart. For patients with deep wrinkles, advanced photo-aging, stretch marks or acne scars, your skin care provider may recommend 6-8 sessions at 6 week intervals.
PRP: Platelet-Rich Plasma
As part of the body’s healing ability, platelets and other components in human blood migrate to the point of care. Platelets are well known to release numerous growth factors that respond to tissue injury and initiate and promote the conditions for healing.
Eclipse PRP is an autologous system that allows physicians to prepare platelet- rich plasma at the patient point of care. The platelet-rich plasma is optimally concentrated with minimal amounts of contaminating red and white blood cells. This system has been safely used in hundreds of thousands of procedures worldwide.
How we are using PRP:
In combination with Micro-needling for:
- Skin revitalization is a treatment to resurface skin, or to improve the texture, clarity and overall appearance of skin. It can treat fine lines, wrinkle, texture, pigmentation and more. Whatever the method, the result is usually a smoother, clearer and more youthful appearance of the skin.
- Skin resurfacing is ideal for improving skin’s texture, reducing wrinkles, decreasing fine lines and reducing discolorations by stimulating new collagen growth.
- The toll of time, sun exposure, genetics and lifestyle factors including nutrition, alcohol and smoking all may contribute to facial wrinkling, fine lines and even prior acne may have an impact on the overall surface of a person’s skin.
ACNE and Scarring
- Acne is an infection of the skin caused by changes in the sebaceous glands. The redness associated with acne comes from the inflammation of the skin in response to the infection. Oils from the glands combine with dead skin cells to block hair follicles. Under the blocked pore, oil builds up. Skin bacteria can then grow very quickly. This infection makes the skin become swollen and red, which becomes visible. The face, chest, back, and upper arms are most common places for acne to happen. Acne is common during puberty, when a person is turning from a child into an adult, because of high levels of hormones. Acne becomes less common as people reach adulthood. When severe, acne can often result in scarring. Even less severe cases can lead to scarring, if not properly treated.
- Traditionally, patients with persistent to moderate acne have been treated with only topical or sometimes systemic antibiotics. Now doctors are able to treat acne with this advanced technology.
VASCULAR & PIGMENTED LESIONS
- Nearly everyone in the world has one or more pigmented lesion. Typically pigmented lesions are caused by sun exposure or by aging over time while others are hereditary. Never the less pigmented lesions are simply spots on the skin where there is a higher concentration of melanin. Lesions are either flat or raised and in most cases, pigmented lesions are merely a cosmetic concern. To cosmetically improve pigmented lesions there are many minimally invasive procedures.
Chemical Peels & Micropeels
A chemical peel or Micropeel is a body treatment technique offered to improve and smooth the texture of the facial skin using a chemical solution that causes the dead skin to slough off and eventually peel off. Following the treatment the skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin.
What Type of Chemical Peel?
Alpha Hydroxy Acid Peels
- Alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) are derived from naturally occurring acids such as glycolic acid (from sugar cane juice and lactic acid/sour milk and tomato juice). The most common AHA peel is Glycolic Acid 30-45% and Lactic Acid 15-30% concentrations used to treat fine wrinkles, areas of dryness, uneven pigmentation and acne.
Beta Hydroxy Acid Peels
- Beta hydroxy acids (BHA) are derived from many sources and tend to reach deeper into the skin than AHAs. The most common example is Salicylic acid 20-30% (sometimes derived from Aspirin). Due to its ability to get deeper into the skin, BHAs are used to control oiliness, acne, and to remove dead skin cells.
- Jessner's peel solution is a combination of salicylic acid, lactic acid, and resorcinol. This offers a benefit from both AHA and BHAs. Used to treat wrinkles and uneven pigmentation.
What Is Medical Micropeel?
- Medical Micropeel is a combination of a microdermabrasion and chemical peel performed during the same visit. First the top skin layers (stratum corneum) of dead skin cells are gently exfoliated. Then an appropriate chemical peel is selected to treat your skin.
What is difference between chemical peel done in a spa and the one done Solutions Med Spa?
- The chemical peels performed in spa use spa-grade chemicals. Since the services are not performed or monitored by a physician, the spas are unable to use products that are truly effective. Most spas will use mild peeling agents or fruit-derived agents that provide a pleasant experience for the client. Medical-grade peeling treatments are relatively more complex.
- Only a medical-grade chemical peel will provide you with the specialized treatments for acne, scars, skin discoloration and extensive wrinkle reduction.
- Solutions Med Spa offers only Medical-grade Peels and Microdermabrasion services.
What Should I Expect from Medical Chemical Peel?
- You will first have your skin cleaned and toned with gentle care
- If you are receiving the Micropeel, then the Medical Microdermabrasion session will start, lasting approximately 30-minutes.
- An appropriate pre-peeling agent is applied to your skin by the provider. The pre-peel agent helps soften your skin and prepare it for the chemical peel. The pre-peel agent is then removed.
- An appropriate peeling agent is applied to your skin by the provider. The peeling agent is left on your skin for a length of time, then removed (or neutralized).
- Your skin is thoroughly washed and cooled with a soothing mist, then an appropriate moisturizer and sun-screen is applied.
Follow up home care instructions for your skin type will be reviewed. Skin care products may be recommended to assist you with your goals. It is strongly advised that you arrive for your first session with your current skin care products so the healthcare provider & esthetician can review these products with you.
What conditions will Medical Chemical Peels help?
- Blackheads & Whiteheads
- Fine Wrinkles
- Sun Damaged Skin
- Acne Prone Skin
- Superficial Age Spots
- Oily Skin
- Post Laser Blending
- Superficial Age Spots
- Dull, oily or leathery skin texture
- Contracting enlarged pores
- Exfoliating and suctioning clogged pores in acne cases
- Polishing and reducing fine lines
- Mild acne scarring
- Mild pigment irregularities
- Enhancing penetration of therapeutic agents
How long before I notice results from my Medical Chemical Peel procedure?
- Patients will notice immediate improvement in the texture and appearance of their skin after the first treatment.
What are the results of Medical Chemical Peel?
- Medical Chemical Peel treatments result in rejuvenation of aged skin and improvement in the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, hyper pigmentation, scars, and acne. After a treatment, you can expect your skin to have a pink glow that usually last from 30 minutes to a day.
If you have any questions about Medical Peel or Micropeels or any other procedure or would like to make a Complimentary Consultation please schedule.
What is Collagen?
- Collagen is the connective tissue making up to 35% of the whole-body’s protein content. It is possible to use collagen derived from cows, horses and pigs as a replacement for connective tissue or volume-loss in a person. Collagen treatments require allergy testing and only last 1-3 months. Dr. Melamed prefers to use Collagen-like (NASHA) products instead.
What are Collagen-Like (NASHA) Products?
- There are several collagen-like products currently available in the United States. Examples are Restylane and Juvederm. These are specific formulations of non-animal sourced hyaluronic acid (NASHA) used in place of collagen. Restylane and Juvederm have both been approved by the FDA for cosmetic injection into facial tissues. Solutions Med Spa uses both Juvederm and Restylane as safe and natural cosmetic dermal filler that restores volume and fullness to the skin to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds. Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance that already exists in the human body and is used to provide volume and fullness to the skin.
Another treatment choice is Radiesse, which consists of calcium hydroxylapatite microspheres suspended in gel (carboxymethylcellulose). Calcium hydroxylapatite is a normal constituent of bone, and does not require allergy testing. Radiesse is a safe, effective and non-surgical treatment, which provides immediate smoothing out of wrinkles and most scars. Radiesse provides a long lasting correction; however individual results may vary, affected by age, skin type, and lifestyle and muscle activity.
Because of its components and duration, Radiesse is more aptly referred to as an implant rather than filler. It is used for soft tissue augmentation in the correction of deep facial folds and creases and restoration of volume loss in hollow facial areas. The tiny microspheres provide scaffolding into which the bodies own tissue can grow and increase the volume. Radiesse has proven to be a very versatile facial contouring product and has demonstrated durable augmentation in areas such as chin and cheek where a larger volume is required. It maintains a soft, natural feel and takes on the characteristics of the surrounding skin tissue.
How long will my treatments last?
- Restylane and Juvederm treatment will last between 6-12 months, depending on the treatment areas. Lips enhancement will generally last 6 months, while mid-face contouring will last longer or up to 12 months. Radiesse can provide even longer lasting correction of up to 18 months; however individual results may vary, affected by age, skin type, and lifestyle and muscle activity.
Are there precautions after my treatment?
- Yes. During the first 48 hours after your treatment, do not massage or rub the treated area (unless directed by Dr. Melamed). If you have had a lip enhancement, avoid puckering your lips for the first two days after the treatment. Until the initial swelling and redness have resolved, do not expose the treated area to intense heat (e.g. in a sauna or by sunbathing) or extreme cold.
What should I do prior to the treatments?
- Avoid taking aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, St. John's Wort and high doses of Vitamin E supplements one week prior to procedure. This will help minimize any bruising or bleeding at the infection site.
What other treatments are typically used along with Restylane or Juvederm?
- Quite frequently our patients will have Botox or Dysport injections to soften the dynamic wrinkles caused by movement such as frowning or squinting or lip pursing. Using both products simultaneously results in a smooth, relaxed and younger appearance.
What is Botox ?
- Botox® is a simple and safe procedure performed in Solutions Med Spa. Botox takes only five minutes and requires no recovery time. Using a micro-sized needle, Botox® is injected into certain muscles in the face and neck to relax them and lessen the appearance of wrinkles that result from our daily expressions such as crow's feet worry lines, frown lines and laugh lines. This is an effective means of reversing the visible signs of aging. The results can be seen within four days and last 3-6 months, depending on the individual.
Are there any side effects from Botox?
- Side effects from Botox® are typically related to the local injection of the solution. There may be a slight discomfort from the needle entering the skin, and a small chance of a bruise at the site of the injection. There are no reports currently of damage to the eye, with injections to the eyelid.
Is BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment painful?
- BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment consists of a series of skin injections through a very small needle. There is moderate discomfort for the short injection period and slight “tenderness to the touch” may occur at treated areas for 24 to 48 hours. Redness and/or swelling are typically minimal. BOTOX® Cosmetic patients can reasonably expect to return to work or attend social engagements immediately following their treatment.
When will I notice a difference and how long does it last?
- The full effect of BOTOX® Cosmetic is usually not apparent for five to ten days after the treatment. The duration of the BOTOX® Cosmetic effect varies with each individual. BOTOX® Cosmetic is usually metabolized in approximately four to six months. Patients may choose to have BOTOX® maintenance treatments. The interval between re-treatments may increase with ongoing maintenance treatments. Some patients can be maintained on yearly treatment sessions.
What can I expect during and after BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment?
- The procedure involves injecting BOTOX® Cosmetic in the area to be treated with a very tiny needle. The actual treatment takes approximately 15 minutes. BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment requires no recovery time and has a very low incidence of side effects. The most common side effect is bruising at the injection site, but this is uncommon, minimal and temporary. Feel free to ask, any questions which you many have during your complimentary consultation at Solutions Med Spa.
BOTOX® Cosmetic injections to reduce frown lines on rare occasions may temporarily cause eyelid drooping. In the rare case when this occurs, it is typically noticed in the first week or two after treatment and usually resolves within four weeks. If eyelid droop occurs, a medication may be prescribed to help alleviate this temporary condition.
If you have any questions about Botox or any other procedure or would like to make a Complimentary Consultation please schedule.
Physician Grade Skin Care
Bellederm Skin Care - for all skin types